This is a definite family favorite, it's made in my family a couple times a month... We use it on everything from Chicken to Beef to Rice... I'm sure your friends and family will enjoy all of your "hard work"
- 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- 2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- I've had good experiences with replacing the sugar with either brown sugar or splenda.
- I've had good experiences with lightly toasting 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds (30 seconds on each side on a warm skillet).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
I like to use this Teriyaki recipe on Chicken, Beef or Steak, nothing I like more than Teriyaki Chicken (~24 skinless chicken thighs)
...Recipe's that use this sauce